I took a chance and read what I guess would be called a 'chick-lit' from a british author; although I believe that she lives in the states now.
I liked the book even though it sometimes left me feeling like I didn't know what I was reading about. For instance, the letter A was Abseiling....what?? But, I did manage to figure out what it was from other hints in their conversation. I would recommend this book--it was just what I needed after my last depressing read.
Next up I decided on a bit of reality. I thought it was going to be dry from the cover, but it was interesting and I am glad I decided to read it.
no that is not a ghost, searchlight or a glare off the water, it is my cruddy flash, sorry
The author of this book decided to row around the eastern part of the US. Starting in New York, north to Lake Erie, south basically down the Mississippi, around Florida, and up to Maine. He talks a lot about the characters along the way and some of the past on the waterways he paddled.
By the way, today is what I refer to as "cr@ppy anniversary" so to all those who were there too...I am thinking of you today --who would have thought it was 6 years ago. I hate the 12th of October.

2 comments:
I am not sure I like this paperback swap because I never get your old books!! Guess I need to join too, then I really wouldn't get anything done! Hey, happy crappy day, yee haw. I am going to let the kids have ice cream for supper, here's to you mom.
I so love to read...right now i am hooked on james patterson
i am visiting all sss participants today...the list is growing and i will be emailing out your exchange partner in the next few weeks
Post a Comment