
I am sad and don't know what to do.
My oldest son (16) has been dating a girl for the past 3 years. Just recently, they broke up. I feel so bad for him and don't know how to make it better.
She was a big part of his life and the entire family liked her alot.
When I picked him up from youth group today he was so upset. She goes to the same youth group and there is a boy who has been in her life for quite awhile too. My son won't really tell me but I think that she is interested in the other boy and tonight my son had to see that for himself more than in the past. I wanted to say something to help him but all I could say was just to distance himself from her for now and to let time start to heal him. I know it is part of growing up but I still hate to see it.
I feel like a bad parent for letting him get attached to someone and for not knowing what to say. I hate seeing him in pain and frankly, I am tired of all the pain in the world. At my job I hear non-stop how people are hurting other people (emotionally and physically) and people in pain from medical problems or accidents. It gets old. It makes me want to lock my kids up and to be even more anti-social than I am already.
I am worried my son will withdraw and become depressed. I am going to encourage him to get involved in more activities but he is limited because of the small town we live in and his school is about a 45 minute round trip. He won't have his license until next spring and my husband and I don't have consistant, or very flexible, work schedules.
I guess I need to take my own advice and distance myself from making this too personal and let time heal him.

6 comments:
awww I am sorry that your son is going through this...teen love is so well full of angst at times...
Hugs to you!
stoppin in from SSS sentral to say hi
I have complete confidence that she'll be the one kicking herself (if she isn't already). If I was there I would do it for her...
For what it is worth, it isn't him, it isn't "the girl", it is life. Sometimes I wish we didn't have this "stuff" in life, but it happens. I am thinking that God has a huge plan for that wonderful guy and while this gal was mighty special, there may be the other plan that will be fantastic. Lots of love at this time and always...Janet
I'm so sorry for your pain and as a mother of two young boys I rue the day, one of them comes home with a broken heart. Though, I do believe that by the time your 16 year old is a man, he will have learned some life lessons from this experience that will teach him to be a better man, a better husband. I hope that helps... MITH
I'm new to blogging and came across your page.I want to tel you that I was sorry hear that about your son and distance my be just what he needs. He doesn't need a new hobby but a new friend who happens to be a girl. Maybe even pick up a couple of new friends but just friends though not a player or anything. Sometimes talking to new friends and spending time with them will help you forget about old ones. And he's young they will come and go.
My blog talks about relationships and peoples idea of what is real love and how do you know etc. I would really like you option of it. Now I did just start it and if you could give me some pointers I would be thankful.
Post a Comment