Wednesday, October 1, 2008

a chapter from my past

I love reading books. They are one of the things in my life I would never be able to give up. My ultimate job would be to be a librarian or work in a bookstore. I would just want to stock the shelves though, not actually talk to anyone.

When I was in jr. high school every lunch hour I would spend in the library, not eating, helping the librarian shelve books...that's how big of a nerd I am.

My most lucky find this past year has been the website PaperbackSwap (link on the right). It has satisfied my deep urgent need to have books to read in the house without breaking the bank. As I write I have a shelf of 18 books just waiting for me to read them. In the past I was lucky if I had 2 or 3 waiting. This was never enough because I can read about 1 a day when I get going and having to wait for payday to buy another book was horrible for me. So everyday I am glad I found PaperbackSwap.



I have enjoyed finding books that I have read in the past and rereading them. One that I just finished reading is :







Whoa, I so did not remember this book right! Don't get my wrong, it is a good book and I enjoyed how it painted the picture of Norwegian pioneers claiming land and the trial and tribulations (I love that saying) of starting a new community. If memory serves me right, I had borrowed this book when I was about 15 from one of my grandmas. I remember reading it and loving it, I think I even read this twice. But I SO did not recall the ending of the book! It is surprising to me that I loved it as much as I remember.

Now I am on to a lighter read from a new author to me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how Johnson Pittington you are. We had one rule, "go read something" I always have a book, an extra in the car just waiting and always one by the bed.

I just read a book by a author from Montana...about a small town in Montana that tries to have a basketball team with everyone having to be on the team. They used family to scrimmage including grandmas and their friends. I wil share it with you when I get it back from the readers at the courthouse.

Keep reading and sharing ...janet