Thursday, October 9, 2008

last roses

My roses are finishing out the season in grand style.


Wyatt and I found a giant one.




I have 8 rose bushes on the south side of the house. This year they are over 5' tall. I can see them out my kitchen window and enjoy them; that is until I need to get out there and clean them up. Then they remind me of another chore I need to get done.

I will miss them this winter when they are replaced my a clearer view of my neighbor's house and the fence that needs restained. But for now, they are my favorite thing growing in the yard.

1 comment:

Kristin - The Goat said...

Hello! I'm Kristin in the Secret Santa Soiree - that's how I found you!

I had over 100 tea roses in the yard of a house I once owned - I totally get the work that needs to be done, but wow, that is one great looking rose bush!

Nice to meet ya!